OMNI Chooses Chainlink VRF to Empower Its Celebrity NFT Drops and In-App Giveaways
OMNI.ai is proud to announce that we have integrated Chainlink VRF(Verifiable Randomness Function) to empower our Celebrity NFT Dropsand the In-App Giveaways System. Chainlink VRF is a secure and auditable random number generator (RNG) that enables smart contracts to access a source of randomness that is provably fair and tamper-proof.
Through Chainlink VRF, OMNI now has a transparent and unbiased source of randomness for our Celebrity NFT Drops, 2,000 NFTs collectible art representing some of the top 100 most celebrated, legendary artists, cultural icons, and sporting heroes. Chainlink VRF will be used to select random participants in the Omni Strong Holder program — those who hold at least 5000 OMNI tokens — to receive one of these rare Celebrity NFTs.
Additionally, OMNI will use Chainlink VRF to randomly select posts and/or comments to empower creators’ sponsored giveaways and promos inside the app. This will bring a much-needed layer of transparency to the Giveaways taking place inside Social Media Posts.
We ultimately selected Chainlink for RNG because it is one of the oldest and best-known decentralized oracle networks, helping secure tens of billions in value for applications throughout DeFi, blockchain gaming, and NFTs. Chainlink VRF uses secure off-chain computation to provide users with full transparency into the integrity of each random number provided and has already supported major NFT drops such as the Bored Ape Yacht Club.
How does Chainlink VRF work in OMNI?
OMNI wrote a simple smart contract to use Chainlink VRF. Our participants will be on a list ordered by the wallet address. Each wallet will be assigned an index starting from 0. Ex: 200 participants will be indexed from 0 to 199.
The round winner will be picked by applying a math modulus between the random number and the number of participants. The result will be the index of the winner.
- random number (RA) = 123456789
- total participants (TA) = 200
- index = RA mod TA = 189
- Therefore the wallet on index 189 is the winner
In the future, we plan to continue leveraging Chainlink VRF to access a secure, verifiable, and transparent source of randomness to help power fair giveaways, promotions, competitions, and more.
Omni is a social media mega app that’s full of world-class features and tools. Inside the app, you can go live, share stories, create channels, chat with other users, transfer money, video or audio call, sell or buy products in stores, create videos and photos with special effects, and much more. Omni is more than just social media, it’s a platform that empowers creators to have full ownership and control over their careers. Omni is the future.
Here Are Some of the Main Features This Awesome Mega App Will Have:
- Dub & Duet: Lip sync to songs, audio from videos, and create challenges. Duet with other users or dub to an endless library of song bytes.
- Chat: Keep in touch with friends by texting or calling, all while having the ability to share images, videos, contacts, and locations with secure encryption.
- Feeds: Explore multiple feeds to keep up with your favorite news, friends, and influencers. Discover new content and communities, all on the same app.
- Stores: Businesses can create stores where users can get a full shopping experience without leaving the app, from browsing products to checkout.
- Channels: Create or follow channels to post or watch your favorite video content. Channels can be public or for a private audience.
- Live Stream: Enjoy live streams while chatting with broadcasters in real-time and reward your favorite streamers with gifts, or go live for your followers.
- Stream Music: Listen to Music from all Your Favorite Artists. Create Playlists that you can share with friends and make your sounds go viral in the feed.
Chainlink is the industry standard oracle network for powering hybrid smart contracts. Chainlink Decentralized Oracle Networks provide developers with the largest collection of high-quality data sources and secure off-chain computations to expand the capabilities of smart contracts on any blockchain. Managed by a global, decentralized community, Chainlink currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance, gaming, and other major industries.
Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizations, from global enterprises to projects at the forefront of the blockchain economy, to deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable oracle networks. To learn more about Chainlink, visit chain.link and subscribe to the Chainlink newsletter. To understand the full vision of the Chainlink Network, read the Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper. Want to discuss an integration? Talk to an expert.